karin_molander_'s Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Copy quiz with question banks to a new course

Hi, I copied a quiz from last year's course to this year's, but the question bank was not copied. I cannot remember if this is a new quiz or not, (but probably not) and none of the guides seem to add...

11-01-2020

Show feedback on essay questions after quiz is graded

Hi, I have used the new quiz essay questions in recent exams, read the essays in speedgrader,  and given feedback in the little textbox below each response, that is, not in the comment box in th...

06-24-2020

Hide grades with one click?

The grade posting policy feature in Grade book means that I have to remember to take two steps in order to hide grades, before I start grading. It used to be so simple, I could do it instantly from S...

06-23-2020

Quiz problems

I am marking quizzes and noticed a couple of problems. a) a fill in the blank with two choices (is and are) was marked wrong even though the correct answer (is in this case) was marked as correct an...

06-23-2020

Problem editing feedback in essay question (New Quizzes)

I have recently been grading a set of essay type questions in new quizzes, and went back to fine tune points and feedback. After each change I clicked update, but the text in the feedback text box di...

06-22-2020

Change the number of points for a quiz question

I have recently given an exam in the form of four different (new) quizzes, two of which were essay questions ( I did not use Assignments because I wanted the opportunity to use stimuli and also ...

06-22-2020

Difference between missed option and no answer in New Quizzes?

Hi, I am marking a set of new quizzes which I have to grade manually or partly manually. One of them is a fill in the blanks where I ask students to both write an answer  and also choose fr...

06-18-2020

requirements for quizzes/assignments

If I want to construct an exam in which part 2 only opens if part 1 has been submitted, and so on, what is the best way to do that? I will have four parts, and want to make sure that my students do n...

05-25-2020

How to download and comment on student files without saving as...?

Since I cannot use Doc viewer tools to comment on my students' essays, (because I foolishly asked for anonymous peer review and apparently these two tools are incompatible) I then tried to download a...

05-11-2020

A bug when I try to create a New Quiz?

I tried to create a New Quiz and the settings look like this: it is impossible to choose anything but External tool, but  External tool is also not available... I guess this is a bug? ...

05-02-2020

Set a deadline for peer review?

Hi, I want to make sure my students get their peers' comments in time to revise their drafts and submit a final draft. I also want to count "completing a peer review" towards the final grade. I reali...

02-26-2020

Where is my exported quiz?

Where does the exported quiz end up? It has been exported from one course, and now I am in the new course, trying to import it, but cannot find it, only older stuff, the most recent from yesterday (D...

12-12-2019

How can students read annotations in assignments?

How can students find my inline comments in assignments? Some of them only seen the sidebar comments. I know there is a student guide about this but it seems to be all about sidebar comments.  ...

12-11-2019

Students cannot see their feedback in peer review rubric

I set up an assignment with peer review, a rubric in which students are supposed to write comments. I can see their comments in Speedgrader, but they cannot see the feedback they provided, and theref...

10-22-2019

Which quiz questions give partial credit?

I have a created two quizzes which draw random questions from a number of question banks based on how many credits the question is worth, and only realised today, two days before the quizzes are open...

04-22-2019

Is there a journal?

I need to create a way for students to collect a number of bi-weekly writing assignments in a private journal, or logbook, or portfolio.The complete collection of assignments will eventually be grade...

08-16-2018