Tech Dave Heup's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[New Quizzes] Conditional Question

Problem statement: We are looking for a way to have students see different questions based on the answers chosen for a question. Proposed solution: For example: If a student selects "False", go...

03-13-2024

what time is stamped on submissions

Simple question - what time is stamped when a student clicks submit? I had someone ask what happens if a student attempts to submit an assignment a minute before it is due, but because of the size of...

10-31-2023

Canvas Scanner App

Hello, I think the answer is no, but I thought I would check with everyone and see.  When using the scanner feature in the Student app, is it possible to add a second page of a document? ...

10-27-2023

Blackbaud Section Creates New Course

Hello, I am not sure if I have a setting wrong, or if this is normal behavior. I added a section to a course in Blackbaud, and the sync created a new course and section in Canvas.  The workarou...

04-12-2023

Prevent Reviewing in Studio

I thought someone told me that there was a setting to prevent students from reviewing a video when taking a studio quiz. When I go to Video Quiz Settings, the only options I see are Hide question ma...

02-09-2023

Google Docs to Quiz

Hello, I am looking for an easier way than copy & paste to make a quiz from a Google doc. Is there a better solution than "Automagical Forms" which costs $260 per year? Thanks, Dave

01-11-2023

[Assignments] Time Limit for File Annotations

Here's the dilemma: Quizzes have time limits, but PDFs attached in them cannot be annotated on in SpeedGrader. File submissions allow you to annotate in SpeedGrader, but there's no time limit.  ...

07-26-2022

File Name Issue: .csv.csv

Wondering if anyone can confirm this glitch. I inadvertently named a file "name.csv.csv" and did a SIS import with it. Canvas said it was successful, but the data didn't get imported.

06-29-2022

[Assignments] Allow Students to do Excused Assignments

We have students who audit a course. We don't want them and the teacher to know they don't have to do the assignment, but if a student chooses to do it, they can.  Excusing assignments shows t...

04-26-2022

Blackbaud GBP

Hello everyone, According to this User's Guide, the category names in Blackbaud MUST match the ones in Canvas. But when you go to assignments, Canvas lets you pick the category to sync with.&n...

11-09-2021

New Quizzes - using Tables in Fill in the Blank Questions

In Classic Quizzes, you could create tables or multiple columns for fill in the blank questions. For example: Type the capital of the following states: State Capital Alabama [Mont...

08-25-2021

Touch Typing Program Integration

Hello everyone, Does anyone know of a touch typing program that integrates with Canvas? We are hoping students will be able to click on a course in Canvas and have assignments right there. Thanks...

07-02-2021

[SpeedGrader] Automatically Accept Free Draw Annotation

When annotating on documents in SpeedGrader, the Text Annotation option allows you to type new notes anytime you click.  The Free Draw Annotation lets you add new drawings, but as soon as you le...

02-16-2021

Multiple Attempts on New Quizzes

When creating a New Quiz, I select the option (under Submission Attempts) to allow multiple attempts. Unfortunately, students aren't allowed to take the quiz more than once unless it is ch...

12-16-2020

Reorder Module Requirements

I have a class where students must move through the requirements in sequential order. Unfortunately, after the last requirement was put in, I discovered that the first one was not included.  Is ...

06-02-2020

New Quizzes & Matching Math

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to add a MathQuill formula to a matching question in the new quizzes, is there?

11-13-2019

Canvas / Maestro Integration

Hello Canvas Folks, This is our first year using Maestro SIS. I’m wondering if anyone else uses it, and if you you are experiencing some of the same issues we are. For example, the calendar doesn’...

08-28-2019