lherdan's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Points Grading Scheme error message

I am getting the following error message when I try switch the grading scheme from percentage to points. Range must be a valid number. Cannot have negative numbers or numbers that are greater than ...

09-19-2023

Dropped lowest score in student Grades

Hello, Has Canvas changed how dropped score show in student Grades. The dropped scores are gray text that is difficult to distinguish from non-dropped scores. Before didn't Canvas use an icon to ind...

03-29-2023

External link loses bold - strong html formating

After the Canvas update that added the external link icon, links that have the strong HTML tag do not display as bold. Here is the HTML code. <p><strong>Visit the <a href="https://com...

10-20-2022

Do quiz formula question support greater than or equal >=

An instructor would like to use the formula below in quiz formula question. if abs(zscore) > = 3 This results in an unrecognized token error. Can you use "> =" with the formula question? It w...

05-25-2022

What counts as a submission in Page Views

A student did not submit a quiz. Both SpeedGrader and Show Student Quiz Results list no attempt. Yet in the student's user profile under Page Views one of the lines is https://asu.instructure.com/api...

02-16-2022

Download group members

How can I download group membership. The post with the api information - Automated report of group sets, groups and members in a course - is no long available.

12-23-2020

Text (no question) prevent rendering of quiz statistics?

The same exam in three different Canvas sites will not show quiz statistics. Get the error "We can't render statistics for this quiz, but you can download the reports." In each course about 35 studen...

11-09-2020

Can students submit a Collaboration doc in a group assignment

It seems the easiest way to add student groups to a shared Google Doc is with Collaborations. The instructor wants the doc to be a graded assignment. Can students upload the Collaboration doc in a gr...

11-05-2020

Magnifying Glass not showing

Why do some files display the magnifying glass  and others the download arrow ? From what I see they are both using the same html code: <a class="instructure_file_link instructure_scrib...

10-21-2020

Synced Blueprint quiz pulls old question

On February 20th and 21st I corrected a exam question in the Blueprint course. I synced the course with the children. The exam is locked for points and content. Today, the 24th, an instructor emails ...

02-24-2020