briddell's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Course Import/Export] When copying entire course, give option to replace existing home page of copy to course with home page of copy from course

Problem statement: When you copy a course it doesn't change the home page and the faculty member has to search through all the home pages and start pages to find the one they copied in. When a cours...

12-14-2023

[Permissions] Protect student assignment submissions from being deleted by Teacher

Problem statement: I just discovered today that a Teacher can remove an assignment and all the students' submissions to that assignment, and grades for those submissions from their Canvas course. Th...

11-01-2023

[Import/Export] Warning for Copy All Content with Late Policy

Problem statement: If you Copy All Content or Import All Content into a course in a new semester, the course copy also copies the settings which include your Grading Policy. In the copy from course,...

03-24-2023

[Gradebook] Option to set default Grade to Full Credit or Zero depending on submission status

Problem statement: I have had several professors ask me how they can set up a quiz or assignment and automatically have Canvas award the student FULL CREDIT for completing the assignment and a zero ...

08-25-2022

[Gradebook Settings] Set Default Grade for any Submission

We have had several faculty request the ability to set up an Assignment or Discussion or Quiz to award points for ANY SUBMISSION.  So the student would get a 0 for no submission and full points ...

08-17-2021

[Reports] List of Original Quizzes for Migrating

We are getting ready to make a big push to move faculty from Original Quizzes to New Quizzes and we need to know the scope of this effort to discover which courses have Original Quizzes and how many ...

06-28-2021

Re-order Rubric

When an instructor adds a new item to a rubric, we cannot place it in the correct order. A google search found us this: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructional-Designer/How-to-Reorder-Rubr...

11-19-2020

[Permissions] Disable Admin functions via Permissions

If something is visible from the Admin Tab, we should be able to disable it from Permissions.    Currently if you create an Admin role called Advisor, and give that role ...

07-17-2020