holmant's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Delete Past Discussions

Hi   I am tech support for a recurring course every summer. Students have to discuss on weekly topics.  How can I go back to previous summer course (2021) and remove all student discussio...

06-03-2022

publishing groups

Hi Everyone! I have a question regarding groups.  Is it possible to assign students to groups and the groups NOT be published until a certain date?  I have 29 students (from NC universiti...

05-18-2021

publishing groups

Hi Everyone! I have a question regarding groups.  Is it possible to assign students to groups and the groups NOT be published until a certain date?  I have 29 students (from NC universiti...

05-18-2021

Percentages on Tests / Front Page set under HOME tab

Hello.  I have a couple of questions regarding tests/percentages and front page/home tab.   Percentages on Tests For Spring semester, the following are set up as assignments Test 1...

12-09-2020

Add students to another course

Hi All   I have an issue that I don't know is possible or not. I am at teacher in a course with 107 students. There has been a secondary course added.  The course with 107 students ...

08-10-2020

GRADES link - not showing up

Hi Everyone I am a newbie to Canvas and i have been added as a Course Builder to a Nursing course for fall.  In this course, the only graded entries into the course are 3 tests and a final.&n...

08-03-2020

Grading Center Question

Hi All! Yesterday, I went into my Grades to check to see if a student had submitted a discussion.  I have 13 Modules and the grade center lets me know when students complete the module. ...

07-23-2020

Enter Student Grades by Hand

Hi All! I have another question.  In the Fall semester, we have 108 students in the Senior Nursing course.  There will be 3 tests then a Final Exam.  My faculty member only uses Bla...

07-23-2020

Remove student discussions, but not the discussion topics

Hi Everyone!  I have yet another Canvas question.  When you are using the same course from semester to semester and you have discussions from the students, how do you delete the student dis...

07-22-2020

How can I tell if students can view a particular student's Discussion?

Hello.  I am support for a canvas class of 30 students.  These 30 students are split up into 5 groups (6 students/group).  These groups must respond to a weekly discussion.  The s...

06-30-2020

HELP! Student cannot Access our online class today!

I'm admin to a class that is 13-weeks, 13 modules.  We are one Module 6 and I have a student who cannot access it today.  She's not been having any issues the past 5 weeks.  I haven't ...

06-23-2020

Guides for Students Sending E-mail Using Canvas Inbox?

Hi I know how teachers/faculty send e-mails, but I have questions about students ability to send e-mails. Are there guides for STUDENTS on sending e-mails?  Is there any difference in how te...

06-21-2020

Setting Up Manual Grading

Hi.  For the seasoned CANVAS users, please don't laugh!  I am new to Canvas, using it for the first time this summer..and learning.  This fall, I will need to setup manually entered te...

06-12-2020

What does this icon mean?

What does the icon to the left of the 3 dots (ellipses) mean???????????  I am new to Canvas. Thank you

06-07-2020

Graded Discussions not showing in Gradebook. HELP!

Our course has 13 modules.  In each module is a graded discussion.  I want to display the module discussion in the gradebook.  I have 3 other assignments that are in the gradebook, whi...

06-07-2020