bhaus's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Assignments] Answer Key or Grading Notes for Text Entry

Problem statement: Right now, if a teacher wants to grade a text entry item, they need to look elsewhere for the answer key. You can't put the answers in the rubric because students can see the rubr...

10-06-2023

Answer key for assignments that students do not see?

I know that you can create rubrics, but I’ve realized students can see the rubric before completing the assignment. I’d like to have grading notes for something more holistic, like when I am asking s...

09-23-2022

[SIS] Import Course Categories upon course import

I would like to be able to import course categories when doing course import.

01-03-2022

[Course Import/Export] Import Course Card Photo as option

Please allow the option to import course card when importing a course.

01-03-2022

Partial credit for matching on new-quiz

The matching portion does not seem to award partial credit for answers. How do I fix this?

12-12-2021

Students in concluded sections seeing work in a course due to dual enrollment

Students are concluded when they move sections. Sections are cross-listed. Students who are concluded in, let's say, period 1, can still see assignments meant for period one, even though they are...

08-20-2021

Link to assignment on feedback page and autopopulate feedback

When students click on the assignment from grades/recent feedback to view their score, they can view their feedback by clicking "View Feedback." This font is extremely tiny. It would either be ideal ...

03-19-2021

Student view - Can they display letter grades as well as points?

Our students want to be able to see letter grades as well as points. Is there a feature teachers or administrators can enable?   I'm not talking about a final percentage in the class, but ra...

03-10-2021

Uploading Exam View as New Quiz instead of Old Quiz

Presently when you upload a quiz from exam view into Canvas, it only uploads to Old Quizzes. With the release notification that Old quiz functionality is going away in Feb 2021, how can we ensure tha...

10-13-2020

When a quiz is copied, results can't be seen in speedgrader

Whenever I make a copy of a quiz and students take it, I can't see results in the speedgrader. I can see them if I moderate the quiz, but the speedgrader doesn't let me see grades. Oddly, our admin c...

09-17-2020

What is the point of "available from" if you can't restrict the view of the content?

I have teachers with multiple sections (think Period 1, Period 2). We want to be able to restrict the content of the Assignment from Period 2's view. I was under the impression that "available from" ...

09-01-2020

Create a student view for Canvas Teacher App so teachers can walk students through issues

My teachers would like it if they could walk through Canvas as a student so that they can help kids when they encounter issues. Canvas App should have a test student feature for teachers.

08-20-2020

Video quiz results missing after accidental removal

I had a video quiz that students had taken. The video was somehow removed from my Canvas assignment. So, I put the video back - none of the quiz results are showing up. I used the same quiz dropdown/...

03-24-2020

Group Discussion - some posts going to main discussion, others to groups

I want to have group discussions go to the main thread of the discussion. This works for some groups, but not others. For example, some groups are able to post directly to the main thread, and o...

01-14-2020

Students to-do lists do not clear once an assignment has been viewed or completed

I notice that when I grade something, the item disappears off my to-do list without my having to do anything. However, student to-do lists are not clearing once an assignment has been completed ...

11-05-2019