Michael Smiley's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Remote Group Video Projects

Is there a good way to have two students who live remotely to work together to create a video project with PPT's and picture-in-picture narration by both students?  Suggestions?

02-17-2020

Student Instruction Video on Using Studio to Make Video

Is someone aware of a good video that is designed for students on how to make Studio Videos?  I have seen this video on the video guide - Managing Studio Media (Instructors).  It doesn't se...

02-16-2020

Canvas Free and Studio

Can you use Studio if you are using Canvas Free?  If so, how?

02-08-2020

Online or Remote Classes

What is the best way to teach an #online or #remote class?  Given the recent #coronavirus in China, we are being asked to teach our English classes remotely.  We have roughly 25 people in a...

02-04-2020

Upload to Commons

I am trying to upload a course to commons, but I get this error message that says, "failed to upload thumbnail. Please try again."  I have tried again but still get the same message.  Any s...

02-02-2020

As an instructor registered on Canvas Free, how do you register for a university?

I am an instructor and currently have a Canvas Free account.  The school I teach at is now sponsoring Canvas.  Can I register my Canvas Free account with my school?  How do I do that, ...

01-30-2020

Adding Attendance to Grades

I deleted attendance in my grade book by mistake.  How do I put attendance back into my grade book?

12-01-2019