jfountain's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Reports] Create an Admin Report Query Builder

Problem statement: In addition to providing Canvas admins with canned reports, please provide us with a report builder in the GUI so we can query the specific information and report with the fields ...

05-05-2023

[Studio] Display "Shared With Me" on Studio Landing Page

When accessing Canvas Studio from within Canvas, the landing page only displays videos and collections that I have created myself.  Those that were shared with me from others are not visible.&nb...

08-03-2022

[New Quizzes] Add Filter for "No Attempts" in Moderate Window

When moderating a "new quizzes" assessment in Canvas, there are options to filter the view (No Attempts Left, Attempts in Progress, Submitted, Autograding Failed." However, there is no option for "No...

04-05-2022

[SIS] Control Module Option to Publish Grades Upon Completion

We use the SIS Grade Push utility in Canvas to allow instructors to push final course grades to our SIS.  This tool has very few controls.  We cannot limit its availability by course role, ...

12-06-2021

[People] Allow +People After Course Ends

Our instructors and TAs need the ability to add people (non-students) to past courses, such as new faculty, so they can review prior course content. Once a course has ended (by term or by date), pe...

10-09-2021

[Courses] Native Course Evaluations

We would like to see a native course evaluations tool in Canvas out of the box beyond that of a simple Canvas survey.  There are many external tools that can be connected to Canvas for this purp...

07-20-2021

[Account Settings] Custom Confetti

We like the newer confetti feature that can be enabled by the admin when assignments are completed on time.  The confetti varies for each assignment, sometimes including balloons or other shapes...

07-11-2021

[Studio] Add Canvas Studio videos to pages as links instead of embedding with thumbnails

...ave many videos on one page, but this gets ugly with so many large thumbnails. I read that you can create a "public link" for the Studio video and post that on the page, but you lose the ability t...

07-07-2021

[Rich Content Editor] Add Canvas Studio button to new RCE Toolbar

The Canvas Training Portal advertises that there should be a Canvas Studio button on the RCE toolbar, with the standard Canvas Studio icon, but the button is not present on the new RCE toolbar. ...

07-07-2021

[Admin Tools] Show Completed Courses Indicator in Admin GUI

Through the Admin GUI > Courses display, it would be useful to have a visual indicator of courses that are marked as "Completed" and therefore hidden from instructor/student view.  Right now,...

07-07-2021

[Courses] Report Showing Course Edits

Many of our courses are team-taught with several instructors and TAs. I would like the ability to run a report showing what changes were made to the course showing a date/time stamp along with the us...

01-29-2021

Typical Reporting for Canvas System Usage

I'm interested in hearing what reports your school views on a regular basis to gauge adoption and usage of the Canvas system.  My primary interest is in employee adoption and use of the syste...

09-09-2019

Canvas Student/Canvas Web Feature Comparison

Does anybody have a resource showing what features are not yet available on the Canvas mobile app(s)? We are implementing now and I'd like to get ahead of any gotchas we may hear about from students ...

05-09-2019