mmtscn's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

BUG Report: Special Characters inside Returned JSON String

Hi, I used curl to get a list of discussion topics (announcements). The data was successfully returned. However, the returned string contains special characters, which BBEdit shown as a red rever...

07-26-2021

The Language of Question Links on Speed Grader Page Set to Student's but not the Grader's

Hi, As a grader, I set my language to English, but when a student sets his/her language to another, the language on the speed grader page on my end is also that language but not English. For exampl...

05-24-2021

[Languages] Option to implement unicode normalization for answer key and student's input in quizzes/exams

Hi, There are some known issues with Hebrew in the past years. I think I have found the cause to all the known problems. Some are related to the OS and/or keyboard that people use to type Hebrew....

02-25-2021

Unnecessary spaces in names (data from cURL)

When I get a list of users in JSON form, there are many unnecessary spaces between/after the names. For instance:     {"id":26611,"name":"John Smith ",...

02-16-2021

Unexpected String in the middle of Returned JSON (from cURL users)

Hi, I used the ShellScript cURL method to get a list of the users in the course.   This is my script:   curl <https://$schoolname.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/$MyCourseID/users...

02-16-2021

Assign different points to options of multiple-choice questions

Hello, I'd like to be able to assign different points to the options of multiple-choice questions. For instance, for question: "Did you attend the online meeting?" A. I attended. (worth 2 pt) B....

12-11-2020

Announcement Default Delay Time

Hello,   I was wondering, is it possible to set a default delay time for announcements?  Sometimes immediately after I post the announcements, I realized that I've made some mistakes in ...

11-30-2020

[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Grade section instead of class for "To do"

When a class is divided into sections, I hope grade assignments in "To do" will lead to grade the section that is assigned to me, not the entire class.  In other words, students assigned ...

10-24-2020

[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] be able to adjust the size of document-view box and Grades/comments/Files box

Hello, The screenshot below best shows my idea.

10-05-2020

[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] app Load multiple PDF files consecutively

In the Canvas Teacher app, currently, when students upload more than 1 pdf files, I have to click each file in order to load each of them. If possible, when students upload more than 1 pdf files, I...

10-05-2020

[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Rearrangement of (Speed Grading) "Grades", "Comments", and "Files" tabs on the iOS app

Currently, “Grades", "Comments", and "Files" are in three Tabs. I'd like them to be displayed on the same page, as shown on the right side. "Comments" goes to the middle section, and "Files" goes to ...

10-05-2020

Rearrangement of (Speed Grading) "Grades", "Comments", and "Files" tabs on the iOS teach app

Hello, My suggestions are shown in the screenshot below: Two feature requests for the iOS teacher app (speed grading mood): 1. Currently, “Grades", "Comments", and "Files" are in three Tabs. I'd l...

10-03-2020

What is "assignment_override[title]" in "Create an assignment override" API?

Hello,   I want to change the lock_at date of quizzes/exams for individual students via API.   In Canvas LMS - REST API and Extensions Documentation → Create an assignment ove...

08-26-2020

Sign in Problem with this site

This is on Chrome. When I try to login at https://community.canvaslms.com It sends me to: https://www.instructure.com/canvas/login/free-for-teacher I logged in to my account. It brings me to my co...

08-07-2020

Canvas API - Problem with "Create a Conversation with a student enrolled in multiple courses"

Hello, When I create a conversation with a student who is enrolled in multiple courses. The problem is that all courses will be listed in the title of the message. This is confusing. I want to...

08-07-2020

Possible to change style (font-size) for match questions?

Hello, Is it possible to change the style attributes for match questions? As shown below, the Hebrew words are too small. I have received a lot of complaints in the past. I really hope I can make t...

07-15-2020

Send announcement via API problem: Pragraph marks not preserved

Hello, When I send announcement via API, paragraph marks are not preserved. For instance, the original message is: this is a test message this is a test message this is a test message this is a...

06-26-2020