sarah-canatsey's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Student Progress in Module Not Recording (Using required/prereq)

Has anyone else tried using the Module Requirement function because you need your students to view every page, but you have a small percentage of students who report that Canvas is not marking the pa...

08-23-2022

Studio Collection - Bulk Move

Is there a way to bulk add videos into a Collection from your main Studio dashboard, or do they need to be moved one video at a time? If the latter, who thought that was a good idea to not include th...

06-04-2020

Quiz or Assignment for Essay Questions

I'm putting together a quick guide for our faculty when they are trying to decide whether to use quizzes or assignments for tests with essay questions. Is there anything else you might include in thi...

05-18-2020

Curbing Cut/Paste of Quiz Questions

With so many quizzes going online and so many questions quickly available on Quizlet - what are some ways to deter students from just copying and pasting to find an answer? I know an accessible ve...

05-13-2020

Respondus: Essay Pts Not Importing

We are using Respondus to create QTI files (because Canvas doesn't seem worried about creating this feature even though it's been a request since 2015 and has almost 2000 votes!) - https://commu...

05-13-2020

Manual Unlock or +Add

What would be the reasons for using “Manual Unlock” for an additional attempt versus just creating a new assign (+Add) for that student? My first thought is manual unlock does not include a due da...

04-28-2020

Quiz Settings - Time Limits

Question about what quiz settings "rule the settings" If you have a time limit on a quiz and an available date/time - if a student is in the quiz, still has time left, and the available date ends ...

04-06-2020

Issues with Insights

Since there are a few issues, I'm not sure what one idea would be except: Fix all the Insight Issues.  Issues: - Insights are not always accurate. I’ve been told if students view from a web ...

03-31-2020

Current Quizzes and Auto Save

I have a faculty who is using Quizzes for an exam that only has open-ended questions (5 Qs). I want to make sure they are prepared for any technical issues that may arise. The key one I'm trying to f...

02-06-2020

Link from one Course to Another

We are using organizational pages with Canvas for some non-credit courses. Is there a way to put a link to a page/assignment in another organizational course?  Thanks!

01-09-2020

View Participation by Resource

I have a student who would like to give points for students accessing a specific resource. I see in the New Analytics how to "message students who participated", but I can't find directions on how to...

01-03-2020

Current Score Column

Ah, it's that time of year when all the gradebook questions start pouring into my office I've done some researching on this in the Community. I was sad to see a couple good ideas around "Total"...

12-11-2019

Save, not submit, assignment comments

Our institution recently moved to Canvas (in the past year). I have a faculty who said in Blackboard they could write comments in assignments and just save them, but not submit. This allowed for them...

11-14-2019

Limiting Group Submissions

I'm asking this question to clarify what I think I've figured out, so bear with me if this has been answered.  Is there a way to prevent other group members from submitting a group assignment...

09-30-2019

Group Announcement Idea

I did a quick search and didn't find anything, but has anyone suggested a way to either:  1) Send an Announcement to a specific group from the main Announcement page (and have it show on the ...

09-05-2019

Hidden Eye Still Showing When Grades Posted

I have a faculty who set their whole gradebook to manual posting of grades. The problem is, they posted grades for an assignment and the "hidden" eye is still visible on that gradebook item. Why is t...

08-27-2019

Embed versus Link YouTube Video

What do you suggest to faculty who are opting between embedding a YouTube video or just adding a link and then selecting the preview automatically show? Are there any accessibility issues to consider...

07-29-2019

SharePoint Embed

I followed the directions in this video Embedding PPT into Canvas and it seemed to work for a while, but now the instructor is saying the students need to login to view. The permissions are set ...

05-16-2019