Landmark_Coll's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Microsoft Teams LTI and Canvas Calendars

In the announcements from last year about the new Teams LTI, it was stated that scheduled meetings would appear in the Canvas course calendars. There is a comment in one of the threads (that has sinc...

02-11-2022

[Studio] Showcase Record Capability in Studio RCE Dialog Box

Hello, We are attempting to encourage users to make use of Canvas Studio and discourage use of the native media tool in an attempt to better comply with captioning needs. It is helpful that we can ...

10-28-2021

[Studio] Allow setting default for comments enabled in Studio

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas When embedding Studio media via the RCE, the default settings are that commenting is toggled on and downloading is toggled off. I fee...

12-12-2020

[Studio] Select new thumbnail by scrubbing video to desired frame

Presently, replacing a thumbnail image for a Studio video requires uploading an image file from the local computer. In nearly every conceivable case, the desired image will be a frame from the video ...

11-30-2020

VidGrid Thumbnails

Hi, Our campus is implementing VidGrid and we're very impressed with its performance, especially with its automated captioning. One thing instructors have asked regards embedding VidGrid videos i...

08-09-2020

Conferences that have not been started

Hi all, We recently discovered that students were having trouble joining bigbluebutton conferences in scenarios where they had arrived at the #conferences page of the course before the instructor ha...

03-09-2020

Weaknesses in Process for Manually Adding Users

Hello, While our students and instructors are created and authenticated via integration with LDAP, we have a category of users that we create manually in Canvas using the "+People" button in the acc...

12-19-2019

How can I embed a dynamically generated "semester week number" on the home page of a course?

This will be my first foray into adding custom JS and CSS into Canvas. I do have admin access and also have access to web server space outside of Canvas.  I've seen this done on the Ne...

04-24-2019