smartps's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Adding anonymous students to a class

Hi all, I have a class with a teacher (enrolled using their email address) who logs in using their email address and password (no single sign-on configured). I would like 10 students to have acce...

04-27-2022

Report on User Agents

Does anyone know how to report on the User Agent strings from students accessing courses please? I'm trying to build a view of which browser/app, devices, and resolutions are being used.

05-22-2020

Handle >100 LTI Apps

When adding LTI apps to a module, the pick-list has a maximum of 100 LTI apps to choose from with only the first 100 in alphabetical order being displayed. IDEA - Allow for an unlimited number of ...

05-19-2020

GET all courses, not just ones I'm enrolled in

Hi, I have an admin account. When I use the courses endpoint (Courses - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation ) the response only includes courses I am a member of (as teacher, student, etc.) How...

05-03-2020

Students must acknowledge conditions of use

Hi, Is it possible to display a 'conditions of use' page to all new students when they first login? My current work-around is a page in a module at the start of every course with all requirement ...

03-26-2020

Where should I save image files for Blueprint Pages?

I am using Blueprints with pages. When I insert an image in the page, the dialogue asks me where to find the file in the Canvas folders (see attached screengrab). Where should I be saving my files s...

03-19-2020

Sub-account Naming Restrictions

Hi, what restrictions are there for sub-account names? For example, how many characters are allowed, are special characters allowed, can I use Chinese characters?

01-30-2020

Hiding the document download link

I've added a PDF file to a module (+ -> File -> [select a pdf]) It is displayed in a pdf viewer with buttons to zoom and navigate through pages. Above the PDF viewer is a link to download the...

01-30-2020

Update LTI Keys on Associated Course with API

Hi, I have a blueprint with LTI integrations. When I sync the blueprint to a new associated class, the LTI keys are copied to the associated class. Does anyone know of a way to update the LTI keys ...

01-17-2020

Digital Rights Management (DRM)

We have source material in .pptx format that is printed to a .pdf in 'page view' to make a student guide that has a slide at the top of the page and notes at the bottom. We do not want students to do...

12-09-2019