kreut's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Validation failed: Hide in gradebook is not included in the list

...ssignment will not be shown in any gradebooks "hide_in_gradebook": true, Regardless, I explicitly added the hide_in_gradebook key before I posted to Canvas as can be seen from my function below: public...

01-22-2024

Creating an assignment with an LTI 1.3 tool using the Canvas API

Hi, I've successfully used LTI 1.3 with an app that I've created and am hoping to improve the user experience by making use of Canvas' API.  As par of the LTI 1.3 flow (when creating an assign...

09-08-2023

Changing grades at a later date with LTI 1.3

Hi, Using LTI 1.3, is it possible to programatically change grades at a later date?  Right now I have: $launch = LTI\LTI_Message_Launch::new(new LTIDatabase()) ->validate(); I then...

02-19-2021

Multiple assignments from the same LTI 1.3 app

Hi, I've (finally!) been able to successfully perform my first grade passback using LTI 1.3.  However, for my particular use case, the app will consist of multiple assignments per course.&nbsp...

02-18-2021

Matching Canvas assignments with external apps

Hi, I have an app where users cans create assignments and I'd like to pass the grades back to Canvas using LTI 1.3. I'm at the point that I can get my app to talk with Canvas and launch my app as an...

12-06-2020

LTI Advantage: Deep Linking configuration

...ttps://dev.adapt.libretexts.org/api/lti/target-link-uri" } ] } } ], "public_jwk": { "d": "t...

11-25-2020

Accessing Error Reports on Local Canvas Install

Hi, I'm trying to create my first LTI Advantage Tool and have: 1) Installed Canvas locally via Docker 2) Successfully launched from my local Canvas install to talk with my tool However, when I re...

11-20-2020

LTI External App not showing up

Hi, I've installed Canvas on my server and am trying to install an external app using LTI 1.3. According to my Admin View I was successful in creating a developer key associated with the external...

11-19-2020

LTI Advantage: user identity

Hi, I'm starting to dig into LTI Advantage and have a question on the big picture flow.  In LTI 1.1, users of my external app would first have to log into my app inside of Canvas so that I coul...

11-16-2020

First step in OAuth2 process results in error

Hi, I'm trying to integrate OAuth2 to generate access tokens and can't seem to get past the first step.  Through Berkeley's Canvas support, I've received the following email: I've created ...

05-30-2020

Using the API to associate External Tools with Assignments

Hi, I'm able to use the API to create Assignments as well as create External Tools, but am not quite sure how to link the 2 up with the API.  For my particular use case, 5 different external ...

05-20-2020

Can't make a PHP POST request to the Canvas API

Hi, I'm trying to make my first API calls using my Canvas token.  I'm able to to do GET requests via PHP but I'm having problems doing POST requests.  Below is a copy of my unsuccessful ...

05-19-2020

Getting lis_outcome_service_url and lis_result_sourcedid through the Canvas API

H, I'm creating an external tool concept that will necessitate about 50 external tools for a given course (same endpoint on my site but with a different custom variable).   I know t...

05-10-2020