paul14's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

updatedAt GraphQL property meaning

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone knew what normal user interactions in the GUI changes the “updatedAt” property within the GraphQL API? I’ve seen it under the enrollmentsConnection withi...

01-28-2022

Best endpoint for when a user was "last active"

Hi all, I'm prototyping an integration which messages students who haven't logged into Canvas for over a month. I was planning on using the "?include=last_login" parameter on the /api/v1/use...

12-05-2021

New Quizzes Matching Questions: Change answer dropdown if incorrect

I checked around to see if this has already been addressed and couldn't find anything. So not sure if something strange going on or if this is a "feature." Raised by a student, I note that once an ...

09-05-2021

Hello World LTI Tutorial

Hi community! I was wondering if there was some sort of guide or tutorial on getting a sort of "Hello World" LTI app working that echoes back some basic info like the user ID, etc? I found an old o...

06-06-2021

JavaScript and dynamically loaded elements

Hi community. I am creating a little addon to our Calendar events that allows people to click a button to register for a session. My script works just the way I want it in the full calendar event v...

06-06-2021

Pipedream.com now has Canvas authentication

Hi all. The awesome team at Pipedream.com have added Canvas LMS as an app you can authenticate with and build on their platform. The community there has tonnes of triggers and actions you can use w...

04-02-2021

Using API to get latest messages in conversations

Hi Developer Community, Following on from a post I made here about our struggles with conversations between our team and our students, I'd like to get some advice. I am looking to engage a...

07-15-2020

How to see message history between students and other teachers?

Hello community. We're having a lot of difficulty with one thing in particular in our use of Canvas, since switching from our old system: We take a team-based approach to facilitating ...

07-07-2020