Nickk Wilson's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Permissions] Block "Link to Student" option for observers

Problem statement: Even with all the pairing code permissions turned off, the ability to link an observer to a student is still available in the people area for instructors/teachers. We use the obse...

09-06-2023

[Rubrics] Allow editing of rubrics when adding them to external tool assignments.

Problem statement: When you add a rubric to an external tool submission there is no way to edit or delete it after it is added. The pencil (edit) icon, magnifying glass, and trash can (delete) icon ...

07-14-2023

[Course Settings] Add a warning message for admins when editing institutional grading schemes through a course’s settings

Problem statement: Canvas admins have the ability to edit institutional grading schemes from the “View Grading Schemes” area in a course’s settings. When editing an institutional grading scheme thro...

02-28-2023

Course Builders and Integrations

Hello Community! I am curious for institutions that employ course builders or otherwise have different people that build courses than the actual instructors that will teach them, how do you handle ...

02-20-2023

[Course Settings] Allow De-Cross-listing for Teachers

Problem statement: This idea was posted before but was closed stating the functionality exists however, if you follow Canvas' documentation it breaks the functionality from working. Here are the cur...

09-07-2022

[To Do] Ability to Turn off "To Do" and "Coming Up"

Problem statement: It would be helpful to somehow be able to turn off the "To Do" & "Coming Up" for specific courses. Problem: We have people that have been added to courses purely to be in the ...

08-26-2022

LTI picks up role in course, not role in Canvas

Hello Community! Not sure this is really an issue or question but thought I would share something I discovered today because it threw me at first.  As a Canvas admin, I sometimes add myself to...

06-28-2022

[Assignments] Category cap for weighted categories

This may be an idea somewhere but I am not seeing one currently.  This feature request/idea is for there to be the ability to put a 100% cap on category weights.  For example, if you provid...

05-02-2022

LTI User Groups

Curious what others might be doing: We have our Canvas instance locked down so faculty can't add LTI's on their own.  We have a vetting process that all items added to Canvas must go through a...

04-07-2022

Tools for badging

Admins, I know Badgr is a very popular choice for badging but curious if people are using it or one of the many alternatives and what they think of the tool they are using.  We have been using...

03-15-2022

[To Do] "To Do" Grade Number Match Submissions for Group Projects

When an instructor creates a group project and students start submitting, the To-Do area shows that the instructor needs to grade X number of submissions based off the number of students represented ...

02-21-2022

[New Quizzes] - Moderate Page Reflect Who Quiz is Actually Assigned to

I have seen many ideas about the Moderate page in New Quizzes but not seen this mentioned.  In classic quizzes, if you cross-list a course and then only assign the quiz to a section, then when y...

02-01-2022

[Commons] Ability to Manage Commons Users

This is a small issue but currently there is no ability to manage users in Commons.  You would think that Commons would match your users in your Canvas instance but users created in error (such ...

11-02-2021

Different Help Options for Different Sub-Accounts

For institutions using one Canvas instance for multiple colleges or campuses, it would be nice to have the ability to have the Help menu (in the Global Navigation menu) be able to be changed per sub-...

11-01-2021

Different Help Options for Different Sub-Accounts

Curious if/how other institutions that use sub-accounts might be managing help options when different sub-accounts have different support methods or options? For example, we now have our 100% onlin...

10-29-2021

Default Fonts & Custom CSS

I have seen a few posts about this but not a full answer anywhere.  We are looking to fully brand our Canvas instance to match our university fonts as we roll out our new university website as w...

10-07-2021

Student access to Canvas Commons

Hello Community: Curious how other Higher-Ed institutions are handling students who are Graduate Assistants or have a role higher than a "Student" in Canvas and thus earn (not by choice) access to...

09-23-2019