Jerry Nguyen's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Idea] Option to set pacing "days" from a fixed date rather than "Waterfall" style

Problem statement: From my understanding, to effectively implement course pacing, it is crucial to arrange items in a sequential order corresponding to when we want assessments to be opened or due. ...

12-12-2023

Automate Canvas with n8n

Sit back, relax, and let n8n do (most of) the tedious admin tasks for you. N8N is an open-source workflow automation tool that empowers you to harness the capabilities of Canvas backend systems, in...

10-26-2023

[New Quizzes] Carry Forward Incorrect Answers Feedback and Display it on Current Attempt

Problem statement: I'm glad that "Build on Last Attempt" is finally implemented and it works as expected. However, it would be great to also carry forward the grader's feedback from previous attempt...

08-24-2023

Bulk suspend users script

If you need to prevent users from logging into Canvas, you will need to suspend them. Instead of doing it manually you can simply enter a list of students into this spreadsheet, hit a button and...

08-23-2023

Custom JS to display full sortable To Do list (List of Ungraded submissions)

The built-in To Do list is a great tool for trainers to keep up with their grading. However, items on the list are displayed in no particular order. Thus I have written this script to improve it. T...

01-20-2022

Exporting Live Events to SQL database with Fluentd (WIP, Contributions and Testers needed)

Inspiring by @robotcars 's solution to export SQS (Live Events) to SQL (LEDbelly), I'm working on a similar concept. However, by using Fluentd (open-source), we can eliminate the need for...

07-13-2021