leslie_irvine's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

How to get "complete/incomplete" grades to show in exported gradebook

In my classes, I use a combination of number grades on quizzes and "complete/incomplete" on other assignments. In Gradebook on Canvas, the "complete/incomplete" grades show as nice, green checkmarks....

04-16-2020

Discussion Assignment displaying to students as "missing"

I assigned a graded discussion as an assignment. Students post and respond to another students' post. I can see their posts and responses on my end, and I'm now in the process of grading. But student...

02-06-2020

Can't add a rubric to an assignment

The option to add a rubric to an assignment doesn't appear. I've tried recreating the assignment, and creating a dummy assignment, but the "add rubric" button isn't there. What am I doing wrong here?...

12-29-2019

Any progress toward allowing Specifications grading (no points)?

I've been working for several hours trying to get Canvas to not show points. I've searched the old Q&A, and I see the issue of specifications grading came up in 2016 and again in 2018. I know I c...

12-16-2019

Why is Canvas so plain and ugly?

Even the website is just text. Blechh. I know you're going to point me to the designer link, but that just bounces me over to the same list of topics that appear for instructors. A list? Really? That...

12-13-2019