urbansk6's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

New Quizzes: Set default text match for F-I-B question type

For Fill in the Blanks question types in Quizzes.Next, I'd like to be able to choose default text match options on at least a quiz-by-quiz basis. So for instance, if we have a lot of Fill in the Blan...

05-18-2021

Does sharing item banks send notifications?

Hi all, I need to share a bunch of item banks with a professor because I'm a graduate assistant course designer who's graduating very soon and needs the prof to retain access. There are around 20 of ...

05-11-2021

New Quizzes: certain actions lead to blank screen

I'm editing some New Quizzes that were recently migrated from Classic Quizzes and I noticed this bug happening at random (regularly enough that it's causing me problems)—if I try to "delete" a blank ...

01-18-2021

What happens to Item Banks if an instructor's account is terminated?

I'm a graduate assistant who's been helping professors and TAs develop content for their courses, and now that we're working on moving to New Quizzes (and I have to help export them from sharing site...

12-18-2020

Request access to Item Banks

I would much prefer having the option to tie Item Banks to courses instead of instructors so that this didn't happen in the first place, but just in case this is quicker/easier (or in case Canvas nev...

12-18-2020

Permanently restore older version of quiz

Hi all, I made a stupid, stupid mistake trying to fix an issue in a quiz, after students had already started taking it, and I pressed "cancel" so my changes wouldn't save. When I went in and tried t...

09-17-2020

Italics automatically convert to something completely different

I've been designing Canvas quizzes for well over a year now, and just today something really weird happened—anything I put into italics in the quiz question text automatically converts into smaller, ...

08-11-2020