baldwinsh's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Gradebook] Icons in Gradebook + Student Facing

Problem statement: Students are seeing 0's in the gradebook when they have submitted something that needs to be graded. Instructor's see an assignment icon. Students panic at seeing the 0. Propo...

03-04-2024

Not Yet Graded Assignments

Students are seeing assignments that have not yet been graded as 0's. Why don't they show up for students with the paper icon that is in instructor's gradebooks? It would reduce so much panic from st...

03-04-2024

Can I average two quiz scores?

Hello, I want to create a quiz that students take individually and then take a second time with a group. Then I want to average the scores together for each student. How could I do this in Canvas?

01-25-2024

Quizzes done as a Group

We would like students to be able to complete a quiz as a group and have the score go out to everyone in the group. Right now one student will do the quiz for the entire group and will indicate who w...

09-08-2023

Uploading Kaltura video to an assignment

I don't see a way for a student to upload a Kaltura video into an assignment unless they are somehow able to access the Kaltura video in the first place. This isn't an issue if the student can access...

06-05-2023

hyperlinks to headers within a page

Is it possible to hyperlink to a header within a page? This is something that can be done in Google docs or in Microsoft Word and being able to do so could help students as they work through a bunch ...

09-27-2022

New Quizzes - Automated Grading

Can Extra Credit questions be autograded in New Quizzes?

07-05-2022

Grade Discussion Board 'Likes" in Speedgrader

Students are to vote on the top 3 projects that they liked. I tried to set this up as a quiz so that they could rank all of the projects, but this wasn't working well. So then I thought I would set i...

04-22-2022

Integrate tools that allow interactive pages

It is wonderful that Canvas allows the integration of other resources such as SoftChalk and H5P, but wouldn't it be cool if Canvas had similar tools built-in? I want to add in some knowledge checks...

03-16-2022

Add Grading Notes to Classic Quizzes for the grader to use

Since New Quizzes is still working through some bugs, would you consider adding this feature to Classic Quizzes? I am a curriculum designer.  The instructors in one of my courses uses the same...

01-19-2022

Scoring Guidelines for Quizzes

I am a curriculum designer and would like to include some scoring guidelines on quizzes for graders or instructors.  They don't necessarily need to be seen by students.  Simply creating a r...

12-30-2021