s_j_beale's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Bilingual Design at an Institutional Level (Mainly Pages/Templates)

Hi all, Based in Wales and we have legislation that requires bilingual provision of our course content for certain (but not all) aspects of our content to include English and Welsh language text. ...

06-15-2021

Examples of best practice in design for Canvas course home pages for a blueprint template?

Hi all, We are from a UK university and have been 100% with Canvas for close to 1 year now. We are looking at revamping some of the home page templates for courses. However, many of the free te...

05-21-2021

Canvas Studio analytics/reporting at the account or sub-account level - do this exist?

Hi there, Is there any way to check Canvas Studio analytics at any of the following levels: sub-account account (as an account-level admin user) I am aware of the potential for some vague...

04-21-2021

[Announcements] Add Help Text about Expanding or Viewing Full Announcement to the Page

I've just been using Canvas as a student again (while also working with an instructional designer type role with it, too) and found the Announcements page frustrating. Each announcement only shows ...

10-14-2020

Permission to Set Default Settings for Discussions at an Institutional Level or in Blueprint

Hi there, Something I've just found out the hard way as a student (while also working on the Canvas Team at my institution): ​ Default settings for Discussions do not allow students to e...

10-06-2020

[Sections] Anonymity: Provide the Option to Make Section Enrollments Invisible to Students

All sections are currently visible to all students in places such as the Inbox. This means we cannot use sections for students with additional needs as their status is confidential. So, for element...

08-14-2020

New Analytics: Add Content Type Column for Context

Hi all, I've just downloaded and processed my first student analytics data from Canvas and found it frustrating. Most of the highest viewed content were image files, which says nothing given that...

04-23-2020

What to do when I see 'There was an unexpected error, please contact support.' at Canvas import stage?

Hi all, I am trying to import a Blackboard course into Canvas and it keeps failing, with the only issue showing as 'There was an unexpected error, please contact support.' However, there is no link...

09-16-2019

Blackboard to Canvas Migration Checklist

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has/knows of a Blackboard to Canvas migration checklist? I am looking into some of the aspects for my institution and was looking for such a document, but could c...

09-12-2019

Anyone else having problems exporting Blackboard courses with advanced adaptive release rules?

Hi all, I am testing some courses to export from Blackboard and import into Canvas. I keep getting the mysterious error displayed below. I am working through different modules to try and ...

09-12-2019