Joan York's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

How does a student who has completed a Catalog course take it again?

We have a compliance type Catalog course that students need to take every year.  The course is set up to allow 60 days to complete it.  A student just tried to re-enroll and ran into proble...

02-17-2023

Helping students complete bulk purchase enrollment

I have been directing some of our customers to use the new bulk purchase option.  I thought it would save me time if I didn’t have to process a group enrollment manually.  Unfortunately, th...

10-25-2022

trigger certificate

As a Catalog subaccount admin, I sometimes have students who complete one of our courses outside of the days allotted.  This means that they don't get a certificate.  Is it possible to trig...

10-17-2022

Delay in Catalog tracking completions

Has anyone else noticed a delay in Catalog showing that a course has been completed?  The delay is between the time when a student completes all the requirements a course and the time when Catal...

10-10-2022

Catalog Bulk Purchase Option

Has anyone tried using the new bulk purchase button?  I'd like to suggest it to my customers who want to pay once for a group of students.  I am wondering if the students will end up regist...

08-17-2022

Do they not want us to use the Canvas Community? Log in problems are making it inconvenient.

Lately, every time I try to access the Canvas Community, I want to pull my hair out!  While already logged into Canvas, I click on the Help option to Search the Guides.  I try to post a que...

03-22-2022

Triggering course completion in Catalog

Sometimes students miss completing a Canvas module requirement for various reasons that are not their fault.  For us, this is usually a SCORM issue.  This keeps them from achieving Completi...

03-22-2022

Managing high enrollment Catalog listings

For those of you who have Catalog listings with lots of enrollments, I'm wondering how you manage them.  We have a new "self-paced" continuous enrollment course that is racking up the enrollment...

01-28-2022

Passback Issues with Payment Gateway

It's been a rough few weeks with Catalog!  We've started having issues with Touchnet not telling Catalog when someone has successfully paid for a course.  So far this has happened to two us...

01-20-2022

Is anyone else having issues with Catalog User Defined Fields?

As of last Friday (1-7-22), the user defined field questions we have for one of our sub-catalogs is not working.  It now reverts to the user defined field questions for its parent catalog. ...

01-11-2022

How do students who registered via Catalog know when their self-paced course is ending?

This is critical information for a "self-paced" course not being monitored by a teacher, like ours.  But it turns out it's not that easy to tell. I was just making a section in my "How to Succee...

01-04-2022

Change existing field on registration form

We are having a problem with students registering on Catalog with just their first name.  Then, of course, their certificate has just their first name.  For one of our courses, students hav...

01-03-2022

Improved Security for Catalog Certificates?

We will be offering courses soon that require students to present proof of completion to a court.  We're concerned that the default certificates we use for most of our courses would be rather ea...

10-26-2021

Add Student Notification Options for Catalog

We offer "self-paced" courses through Canvas Catalog.  This means that enrollment is continuous and the course is automated.  Every student has a different set of dates for their section, d...

10-12-2021

Reminder to Complete a Self-Paced Catalog Course

All of our courses are set up for continuous enrollment, which means every student has a different start and end date.  Days to complete courses range from 30 to 120 days.  The problem is...

05-20-2021

New Issues with SCORM Tracking?

I am using SCORM packages imported from Articulate Rise and added to Canvas Modules.  Because we also use Catalog, I have to set module requirements in order for Catalog to track course completi...

10-20-2020

Double Registrations with Catalog

We are seeing many cases of user emails being listed twice in our sub-account's Admin People list and users enrolled twice in individual courses.  Typically, the email will be the same for both ...

10-13-2020

User Defined Fields Data

Where can I see the data from the user-defined fields?  I saw in one post that it may be available via the API.  As a sub-catalog admin, I don't think I have access to the API though. ...

09-04-2020

Catalog Enrollment Notification to Teachers

When a student enrolls in a Canvas course via Catalog, the only ways to tell are to look at Catalog reports if you're an admin, or check the course, if you're a teacher or admin.  We have a numb...

07-15-2020

Tags Not Appearing

I want to add tags to the Categories for my subaccount.  I added a tag for each of four courses, but when I try to add them to Categories for the subaccount, I changed the dropdown to "Showing T...

06-23-2020