Lisa Ellison's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[New Quizzes] Quiz that uses many banks

Problem statement: For my asynchronous classes, I have started giving tests using one-attempt, open-resource, timed quizzes (using new quizzes). So the quizzes are not identical to each other, for e...

02-24-2024

New Quiz setting to show all possible answers

In new quizzes, I would like for students to be able to see all of the possible answers, especially for questions they missed, so they can send me corrections for partial credit. I do not want them t...

02-08-2024

Double spacing reverts to single, requires manual double-double spacing

I would be lovely if the spacing issue in New Quizzes could be fixed. It looks fine in the typing box, but then the spacing around the hard returns goes away. It's frustrating and a poor use of time ...

01-30-2024

[New Quizzes] Merge Item Banks

Problem statement: I would like to combine banks from different units for a tests, but the only way to do this is to add the items individually, which is extremely tedious when combining multiple la...

11-10-2023

[Inbox] Search Inbox for sent assignment comments

Problem statement: Having access to assignment comments in Inbox is really helpful. Please include a way to view sent assignment comments. Currently, only assignments comments you have received show...

02-25-2023

[New Quizzes] Show correct answers only after last allowed attempt

Problem statement: To encourage students to think through their errors, I like to give them multiple attempts without showing them the correct answers. It would be nice to show them the correct answ...

10-14-2022

[New Quizzes] Don't require distractors for Word Bank in Fill-in-the-blank questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas Problem statement: I've been using the Word Bank feature of the new quiz fill-in-the-blank type question. It would be more functiona...

10-04-2022

[New Quizzes] Categorization Questions with Empty Categories

Problem statement: I have used categorization questions in New Quizzes all semester with empty categories sometimes. About a week ago, the auto-grader refused to deal with this any longer. Now, stud...

10-01-2022

[Notifications] New Quizzes notification for assignments needing moderation

Problem statement: The categorization type question has been malfunctioning, so students quizzes aren't getting graded automatically. I have discovered that if I go to the quiz' moderation tab, I ca...

09-30-2022

[Studio] Restore email link for new Studio comment

Problem statement: I'm not sure this is the right forum for this. I encourage students to use the comments on Studio videos to respond as they might in class with questions or thoughts elicited by t...

09-18-2022

[New Quizzes] working with feedback in question banks

Problem statement: As I continue to develop my courses, I'm using question banks more and more. There are lots of issues with the functionality of these, but I'll focus on one here: the feedback box...

09-15-2022

[Assignments] See all student attempts from submission comment link page

Problem statement: I've been really encouraging students to use the assignment comments when they have a question about an assignment, and it's such a helpful way to be taken directly to their work ...

09-14-2022

[New Quizzes] submission details for fill in the blank questions

Problem statement: For fill-in-the-blank questions, from a bank (not sure if it happens when not from a bank), in New Quizzes, the submission details stacks up the correct/incorrect entries on the f...

09-14-2022

[New Quizzes] Don't have published-status as part of the duplication of a quiz

I often duplicate a quiz from module to module to keep the format consistent. It would help if, when duplicating a published quiz, the published status was turned off in the duplication. I usually re...

09-09-2022

[New Quizzes] randomly selected matching questions

I'd like to create longer lists of matching questions and have New Quizzes select a certain number from those for the student. There doesn't seem a way to do this, except for creating random blocks o...

03-27-2022

change feedback in banked item (new quiz)

It looks like the feedback in a banked quiz (new quizzes) cannot be updated. This is just ridiculous.    🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is...

02-24-2022

classic quiz features to retain

There are a couple of features of the Classics quizzes that I really like and hope to see integrated into the New quizzes. the ability let the total number of points be drawn from the questions y...

02-23-2022

[New Quizzes] Enable Studio Videos for New Quiz feedback

I like to give students a studio video as feedback in Quizzes. It works great in Classic quizzes, but apparently the studio quiz isn't compatible with the feedback box in New Quizzes. I've been worki...

01-31-2022

[New Quizzes] Editing Names of New Quizzes

It seems like quiz names have to be changed twice -- in the module, and in the quiz. This is a problem. New Quizzes is filled with these little inconsistencies that make what has such potential extre...

11-13-2021

tag people

It's hard to have a back-and-forth conversation in Canvas. Being able to "@" people would help. This needs to be in ALL the places that have commenting functions: the announcements (which don't curre...

11-11-2021