jim_shaffer1's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Learning Mastery Gradebook] Ability to see feedback

A group of instructors in my school is utilizing the Learning Mastery Gradebook to track student learning over time.   We love it, but continue to find limitations.   The biggest ...

03-01-2022

[SpeedGrader] Display Score as Percentage

I am looking for the grade display setting in the gradebook to apply to Speedgrader as well.    I give a weekly vocabulary quiz that is out of 55 points, but need to manually calculate stud...

02-14-2022

[Discussions] Canvas Discussions: Lock threads until a post is made

Often as an instructor, I want to post a series of threaded questions for students to reply to.   This keeps discussions organized and allows student/instructor choice.     W...

02-01-2022

[Assignments] Assigning to Groups of Students: Copy/Paste

When assigning an assignment to multiple groups of students, I would love to be able to simply copy and paste a list of student names into the "assign to" field.    I can not create separat...

09-29-2020

[New Quizzes] Control Question Settings at "Assign to" Level

When working with inclusion classes where some students need the assessment read to them and others do not, not being able to set their questions to the same order is problematic.   I know ...

08-31-2020

[Syllabus] Add completion and/or grades to course summary screen/syllabus

Adding the "grade" column and or completion checkmark to the course summary screen that is embedded on the syllabus would allow students to quickly see what assignments they have already completed wh...

06-02-2020