jbarr's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[Course Import/Export] Filter Courses By Term When Importing for Admins

Problem statement: When Canvas admins import materials from another course, there is a solitary box available next to "Search for a course". One may begin typing the name of a course, but since we h...

01-09-2024

Assignment Enhancements Improvements - Functionality with LTI

Issue: I notice that Assignment Enhancements are not applied to any assignments created using Google Assignments LTI 1.3. Proposed Solution: Since we now have the option of grading Google Assi...

09-27-2023

[Gradebook] Filter View - View only assignments assigned to each section

Idea is currently in development   Problem statement: Assignments given only to certain sections of a crosslisted course appear in the gradebook for all sections - not just the s...

09-08-2023

[Analytics] Make Category Averages Visible

Problem statement: We have noticed discrepancies in some teachers' gradebooks as they relate to averages of summative and formative assessments. For instance, students do very well on homework, and ...

04-28-2023

SIS Generated Courses, Crosslisting, and Section Start/End Dates

Goal: I'd like to be able to crosslist sections of courses spanning two semesters that are generated by an SIS sync without students who are in separate sections each semester appearin...

12-09-2022

[Outcomes] Repository for Outcomes

Problem statement: Since I am not considered a field admin in our organization, it's difficult to get our CTO, who has a number of different hats to quickly request items from our CSM (such as stand...

11-30-2022

Finding Standards in Importable Format vs. asking the CSM to have them added

Since I am not considered a field admin in our organization, it's difficult to get our CTO, who has a number of different hats to quickly request items from our CSM (such as standards) to be added to...

11-17-2022

Gradebook Showing 0 “F” for all students in all courses with no work yet published

Students are starting the year with a 0 “F” in every course. We have our teachers using assignment categories which are currently empty because assignments are unpublished and unassigned until the te...

08-16-2022

Restrict Students in Crosslisted Sections to Only View Own Section By Default

OK, I know this is an old suggestion, but I'm going to bring it up again. I know that teachers can do this on an individual basis, but the number of clicks this takes for a crosslisted course would t...

10-22-2021

Account Admin at School Needs Field Admin Rights

As the new instructional designer at my school, I am also tasked with supporting users with any Canvas issues.  When I try to access the Field Admin console, I get an SSO error.  We use G-S...

09-06-2020

Why does Canvas not allow you to add the built-in syllabus to a module?

What is the reasoning for this?

07-24-2020