abander's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

Percentages Should be able to be Turned Off

Why can't we turn off percentages in the Canvas grade book? Please make it so that students are unable to see a percentage in the overall grade unless the teacher selects this option.   🔎...

06-07-2022

Gradebook automatically posts to speedgrader

Once again Canvas manages to make extra work for teachers. This time, amazingly, I find that when I post a grade for an assignment in the GRADEBOOK it doesn't register in Speedgrader. Forget abo...

11-19-2020

All Student Communications Immediately Visible in Student Info Area

When I click on a student, I'd like to immediately see all student-teacher communications that have happened (inbox, submission comments, etc.) listed out by assignment/activity. This should then be ...

10-12-2020

Canvas Inbox Registers Read Messages When Read in Email

Currently, if I read/respond to a message in Canvas through my email, the message still shows as unread in Canvas. This partially defeats the purpose of being able to use Canvas inbox through email. ...

10-08-2020

[Inbox] Can Click on Student Name / Course from Canvas Inbox (or email notification)

In Canvas inbox we should be able to click on a student's name (the sender) and be navigated directly to the info on that student (gradebook, etc.). This should also go for the course (course page). ...

10-05-2020

Easy Way to See Number of Total Assignments Submitted (before & after grading)

As far as I can tell, currently SpeedGrader/Canvas only shows a total number of 'ungraded' assignments. Is there anywhere I can quickly see the number assignments submitted vs. not submitted? This wo...

10-01-2020

Navigate Directly to Another Course (or Dashboard) from Speed Grader

This would be helpful. Fewer clicks to get directly to other locations.

09-30-2020

One Click to Email/Message Student

When clicking on a student name, there could be a drop down (or other method) to immediately go to beginning a message to the student. This should be wherever the student name is visible throughout C...

09-30-2020

[Inbox] Canvas Email Messages Include Custom Section Names/Numbers in Subject Line

When a student sends an email/message in Canvas, it currently only shows the original section title. This title is often not helpful and later renamed by teachers (ex: Period 2). Can the renamed sect...

09-30-2020

[Reports] Student Interactions Report Should Be Able to Use (and Default to) Custom Grading Schemes

Currently, it appears the Student Interactions Report only shows grades in percentages, and will not use the custom grading scheme. Whichever grading scheme is selected for the course (including cust...

09-29-2020

[Feedback] Speed Grader Keeps Comments/Annotations from Prior Submissions

When students re-submit their work, the original feedback from the teacher is saved. Additionally, students can indicate they've 'accepted' or 'rejected' the feedback (similar to Goggle Docs Comments...

09-29-2020

Speed Grader Annotations

When writing in annotations on speed grader the 'accept or trash' icons pop up way too close to the annotation so it's very difficult to keep writing. Change this so that these icons/buttons are well...

09-29-2020

Notifications of Comments in Speed Grader

When students post a comment (or reply) in Speed Grader, the teacher receives an email/Canvas notification immediately with the comment, and an option to reply directly to the comment through that no...

09-29-2020