cvalle's Posts
Post Details Date Published Views Likes

[New Quizzes] “Build on Last Attempt” should integrate with “Item Bank” questions.

Problem statement: This is concerning the “Build on Last Attempt” feature in New Quizzes. When activated and a student attempts a quiz for a second time all Formula type question will be regenerated...

09-26-2023

[New Quizzes] Import Lockdown Browser settings along with a quiz

Problem statement: When importing many quizzes the lockdown browser settings must be reconfigured individually for each quiz. This can be quite tedious. Proposed solution: Preserve lockdown bro...

09-14-2023

[New Quizzes] Automatically hide student grade in new quizzes until the instructor grades all pending questions

Problem statement: When a student submits a “new” quiz any essay type question is counted as a zero until the professor grades it. This means that the moment a student submits a quiz they see a pote...

06-22-2023

[New Quizzes] Set common passcode for ALL quizzes

Problem statement: I proctor all of my canvas quizzes in class. I use a passcode to help ensure that only students who are in class are actually taking the quiz. During class students are taking or ...

05-04-2023

[New Quizzes] Randomize Fill In the Blank Word Bank Choices

Problem statement: 1. Create a blank quiz in the “New Quizzes” system. 2. Create a new “Fill in the Blank” question. 3. Type any sentence and use `backticks` to designate the correct response an...

03-23-2023

[New Quizzes] Force correct rounding for numeric type questions.

Problem statement: In my calculus class I would like the option for the numeric text box to only allow the correct number of decimals. At the level of calculus or above I don’t want my students to l...

02-17-2023

Make all external links to default to open in a new window

I am using the Pearson MyLab Math HW system with links for each HW embedded in canvas. If I want each HW to open in a new window I need to set this individually for each HW. Is there a way to make th...

09-20-2022

Apply automatic score for all types of missing assignments

We have the check box that says "Automatically apply grade for missing submissions" but this only applies to "Online submission" type assignments. It would be great if this applied to all types of as...

07-27-2022

[New Quizzes] Printing Quiz name prompt

When printing a quiz it would be great if it automatically included a prompt near the top for the student to write their name. Something like “Name:_____________________” Thanks

04-15-2022

Design issue with "Fill in the blank" in new quizzes

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas I think there might be a small design issue for the Wordbank option in a “fill in the blank” question type. The problem is that a “Wo...

03-10-2022

Design issue with Fill in the blank questions

I think there might be a small design issue for the Wordbank option in a “fill in the blank” question type. The problem is that a “Wordbank” box can also act as a “Dropdown” box if a student clicks d...

03-10-2022

Full size fractions in RCE?

When I type in a fraction using the equation editor in RCE it appears small as if it is "in-line" as opposed to full display style. How do I get full size fractions?

01-23-2022

Deleta/edit a series of events in Calendar

I created a series of events using the duplicate box. Is there a way to edit the series without editing each event individually?

01-10-2022

Allow option to treat Multiple Answer question type as series of True False.

I would like an alternative way for partial credit to be awarded for this question type. As it stands now  a student might earn a total of zero points even if some of the selected options a...

08-02-2021

Add matrix and align environments to latex renderer for new quizzes

I am teaching a Linear Algebra class. When migrating from old quizzes to new quizzes I discovered that there was no longer support for the "bmatrix" and "align" latex environments. The old quizz...

07-14-2021

[New Quizzes] Warn of unsaved changes in quiz editor when navigating away

There have now been countless times that I have lost work in the new quizzes editor because I navigated away and forgot to save. My hair is turning grey from this. Please display a warning box w...

07-14-2021

[New Quizzes] Within a quiz refine selection of bank questions by tag.

When we create a Bank type question in a quiz it will only select from the entire Item Bank. Please let us refine the selection with a tag. This would make so that we do not have to duplicate questio...

04-21-2021

[New Quizzes] Add probability distribution functions to library for Formula question types in New Quizzes

I am preparing to write Quizzes for my future stats students in canvas. In order for this to work I am in need of a few more standard functions in the library for Formula questions: cdf functions f...

04-20-2021