This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I know that we can go to a timed quiz and add on more time.

I would like to allow extra time for specific students not just for certain quizzes, but for ALL timed activities, since this is very often a part of a student's IEP. For example:

Quiz A: 10 minutes

Quiz B: 20 minutes

Quiz C: 15 minutes

Let's say that my IEP student Vernor Learner generally needs 15 extra minutes. I allow him the 15 minutes for ALL timed tasks, so he now gets 25, 35 and 30 minutes total on quizzes A, B and C, respectively. 

This just saves me the time of granting extra time for each task and lets me get it all done at the start of the semester.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea