(2)

Idea open for vote Wed. September 7, 2016 - Wed. December 7, 2016  Learn more about voting...

I would like for teachers to have the ability to add people (specifically other teachers) to their concluded courses. At the beginning of each term I receive an abundance of requests to add other teachers to past courses for various reasons. Currently I have to change the course term setting, then add the teacher, masquerade as teacher to accept course invitation, and then go back and reset the course term. This is a very cumbersome process. I can't think of a disadvantage to allowing teachers to add people to concluded courses but I do know it would be helpful to me!

Comments from Instructure

Greetings all!

I am going to archive this idea, as it is not something we will be developing as a general solution.

After reading all of your comments above, we have come to the following conclusions:

1. When it comes to sharing course content, Commons or setting up a shared course shell is a viable solution
  2. Every school has different internal policies on who and when teachers and TAs can be added to a course.  Creating a feature that ignores these policies is not something we should be involved in and should be handled at the local admin level.
  3. When we look at idea votes, we also look at diversity of voters.  This idea seems to be important to less than a handful of schools.  (which is why we are archiving it as a general solution).  If these schools are interested in a solution, they can contact their CSM to be put in contact with Professional Services.
This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea