This is a really helpful feature for language teachers, perhaps others. I've seen this suggested for multiple choice, but not for fill-ins.

I teach Spanish; we rely heavily on fill-in-the blanks. It would be nice if we could give partial credit for missing accent marks or tildes. For example, on a days of the week quiz, the student has to write miércoles in the blank:

93799_Screen Shot 2015-08-28 at 2.18.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-08-28 at 2.18.00 PM.png

But what if I want to give half credit for "miercoles", with the missing accent mark? I know that several students will fail to put the accent mark. As it is now, my choices are to:

a) go through and hand-grade each of the question #1s, giving them half a point.

b) add miercoles (no accent) as an additional answer, for full credit (no language teacher would want to do this!)

c) take the all-or-nothing stance and not allow credit for missing accent marks.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to do this?

miércoles - 1 point

miercoles - .5            (or 50%)

As a language teacher, there are lots of times in which I'd like to offer partial credit, and I'm sure others could benefit from it as well. It's not unheard of in the world of learning platforms!

You could also do a predictable WRONG answer with this, giving 0% credit and giving a reason for it being wrong, if this capability were written in.

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea