cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who rated this idea

(21)

I am an adjunct instructor at two colleges, both of which use Canvas. I teach the same courses, pretty much, and love the new quiz format (I also understand that old quizzes will be going away at some point). I want to be able to create a quiz with question bank in one course, and export it (and its question bank) to the other course. I know that I can share within institutions (even though this is currently not working), but I need a way to get one quiz to the other institution. 

I have tried to export the entire course, and only import the selected quiz. It shows it cannot find it. I have done extensive asking and searching on these forums, and I am still told that I just can't do it. So, I think this feature needs to be included as soon as possible. 

Adjunct instructors are already paid less for our time, and when I have to reconstruct each quiz and exam for every new course, it's a huge time drain. It's extremely frustrating, as I have all of the materials in one course, and seems like something I should be able to do. I use question banks to give students random questions, and to reuse questions on later quizzes/exams. 

At the very least, if we could just get a way to export/import the question banks only, that would be a huge time saver. Currently, I know I can create a question bank in old quizzes, export/import that bank, and import that bank into a new quiz format. This is great, but if I have some banks/quizzes that were never in the old quiz format, there is no way to transfer those that I know of. I also can't bank all the cool new question types. Smiley Sad

I'm hoping this can be added to a release soon, or at least before the old quizzes go away.

Thanks!

Who rated this idea