0 Likes
(11)

I'm teaching my first course in Canvas in about 18 months, and I've been forcefully reminded of how difficult it is to grade discussions in SpeedGrader. 

Being able to see individual postings from students is great, and an important part of the assessment process. 

But I still need to be able to see the full context in which the postings are made, so I can understand how the postings integrate into the flow of the discussion and how they contribute to the discussion as a whole. 

I can have a second tab open, with the full discussion, but then I have to locate the specific posting for the particular student, and they may have quite a few. This requires a search by name, locating the exact posting in the search returns, then clicking the "view in discussion" link. Rinse and repeat until I've managed to pull together a reasonable assessment for that student.

It's a drag. 

BUT! The "View in Discussion" functionality already exists in the main discussion interface. Adding that link to the bottom of every post in the SpeedGrader View would be AWESOME. 

Oooh! and then? Also a button for "Return to Filtered View." 

Basically it would allow instructors to toggle between the focused and global view of the discussion. 

And then we could conquer the world. 

This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea