0 Likes
(3)

Canvas should have a simple way of restricting published files from being downloaded, copied or printed by students. 

This is important for posting exam and quiz solutions. Many of our quiz and exam solutions or questions end up on the internet in sites such as Chegg, etc. Also, students may download solutions and give it to friends who take the class later. 

Such a feature will prevent this and will make online teaching more secure for instructors. 

I create Canvas pages for each solution and then upload a PDF file of an exam or quiz solution. I can then go to the Link Options and select "Preview inline" and "Expand Preview by Default". Then replace the title with a single dot "." and change the font color to white, so that the tile and the link to the file disappears, but I cannot get rid off the download icon. I tried a couple of things in the html editor, but it didn't work. If you know how to do this, please let me know. 

However, there should be a simple and easy option to choose for files that are opened and viewed in Canvas but need to be restricted from being downloaded, or copied and printed.

This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea