0 Likes
(1)

When takiing attendance you have the option of Present, Absent, or late or of course no selection at all.  When you view the individual students' attendance record,  all you get is a number. - let's say 90% attendance.  That Doesn't give an accurate representation. as to why the missed classes, and if the student had the option to make up missed work, or if missed work will relieve  0 points!

I feel, especially with Covid that we should have a comment box, to annotate why the student was absent?  I wont hold extenuating circumstances against my students.  (Covid confinement, hospitalization, etc.)  I don't want to just leave it blank, as we use attendance to endorse class and lab participation.

Also could there be a designation under the attendance tab of the type of class held. So when students note they missed 3 days, they may also note in the same instance what they missed, and if it can be made up?

I just looked under the student view, and the students don't get to see their attendance roster. It would be great if we had a comment box that they could read, under an attendance tab in their view.  They could look at the comments made in their absence, note what they missed, and if they can or cannot make up the work. 

Better student involvement in their class participation and better for assessment purposes. 

The comment box could be viewable by students, so they can reflect on their absence. 

This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea