AnsweredAssumed Answered

request for change in access reporting

Question asked by Sue Collins on May 3, 2016
Latest reply on May 3, 2016 by Kona Jones

One feature of Blackboard that I REALLY WISH Canvas used is a way to see how any particular document that I post in my course (e.g., a reading or video clip) is accessed in the aggregate. As of now, I have to click on each person in the course and view their access reports individually. In a class of 50 students, this is unreasonable. A practical example of why this matters to me: I might require that students read something in advance of class so I might schedule the assignment to open at a particular time. I would like to be able to quickly see who accessed that document in the aggregate (understanding that this does not mean a person actually read it, only that s/he accessed the document). When I meet with students who are struggling in my course, I often turn to their access reports to discuss their studying habits, e.g., whether they come to class prepared, having done the work, or if they access the materials at the last minute to cram for an exam. If I can monitor this process by the document, I can encourage students stay on a schedule to better ensure their success in the course.

(Trying to make a suggestion on this site is quite complicated. It would be good to know if this message actually makes it to someone who can address it -- Can I get a response?)

Outcomes