AnsweredAssumed Answered

Editing an equation results in an external link to Pinterest??

Question asked by Deborah Gaydos on May 11, 2016
Latest reply on May 12, 2016 by Deborah Gaydos

Hello - brand new to Canvas, and eager to learn how to utilize it. I'm trying to work on a question bank. The questions in each bank will be very similar with the same answer choices, and utilize the equation editor. After learning that there is no easy way (yet) to copy questions within a question bank, I started using the work-around of copying questions into a different bank and then back into the original bank. Then I can just edit the question and select the answer choice.

However, after doing a few, I noticed that after I edited the question, a link was appearing to an external site. I clicked it and it took me to Pinterest...?!? Here is what I mean:

This is the question, before editing:

Capture1.PNG

I open the equation editor and made my change. There is nothing visible after the cursor.

Capture2.PNG

After saving the question, the "links to an external site" symbol appears!

Capture3.PNG

I click on the link, and it takes me to:

Capture4.PNG

If I go BACK into the question editor again, there is a line BELOW the equation object. I can back-space and save the question, and the link is gone.

Capture5.PNG

But this means now I have to go into every question to edit it TWICE. Because this isn't tedious enough already. Any thoughts on why this is happening?? I do see the link to Pinterest in the HTML if I open it in the editor, after the first edit. But I don't understand why it is being inserted there!

Outcomes