Bradley Moser

Where is the love - Commons & Community

Discussion created by Bradley Moser on May 31, 2016
Latest reply on May 31, 2016 by Kona Jones

Connecting k-12 teachers with other teacher using Canvas. I had a thought..."Canvas should to create a hub where teachers can share, collaborate and communicate with each other."  Then I was thinking that it's already created using Commons and Community. But there is something about Commons & Community that I haven't totally feel in love with yet and I wondering your thoughts. 

I think there are two main reasons I haven't fell in love with Commons, 1) Commons does not allow a preview of the content before having to import it and 2) Commons is not really a peer to peer(teacher to teacher) connecting site. Where you might find streams of ideas being shared or a connection between teachers.

I think there are two main reasons I haven't fell in love with Community, 1) a little overwhelming where to navigate 2) groups options but no way to join groups.

I love finding a valuable resource and reading comments in community but I don't think many of my co-workers are using them at all and I was wondering how we might better utilize these spaces and how we might better utilize these tools.

Not hate...just trying to fall more in love.

Outcomes