AnsweredAssumed Answered

Embedding Storyline 2 content in a Canvas Page

Question asked by Jeffrey Brady Expert on Jun 17, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2018 by Daniel Nicholls

I have read previous questions concerning integrating Articulate Storyline produced content into Canvas, and I cannot get any of the posted answer to work for me. I am using Storyline 2 and attempting to create individual slides to embed in Canvas pages to add some interactivity to a Canvas course, but I want to do this directly within Canvas without having to host the Storyline files on another server.

Most of what I am finding either in the Canvas Community or through a Google search appears to show examples using the previous Canvas UI with some, no longer available, options such as the upload ZIP file button. When I do upload the ZIP file and attempt to embed it in a Page, I do not see the ZIP file expanded with the option to choose "player.html" as demonstrated in "How to Upload an Articulate Storyline Zip File to Canvas." If I publish the Storyline slide for LMS, upload it to Canvas in a folder unzipped, and embed "launcher.html" in a Page, I keep getting a message in the pop-up window that says that the link is broken.

Is there an issue with changes between either Canvas, Storyline, or both that have broken the ability to easily embed a slide in a page without having to host on another server? We have a server from which this can be done if this is the only possible option; however, we have two people within our department who are trained and have access to host files on the server, so if those two individuals are out at the same time, which they will be in a couple of weeks, all work of this sort comes to a halt.

There has to be a better way.

Outcomes