Sarah Stevenson

Problems with importing content pages from Blackboard

Discussion created by Sarah Stevenson on Jun 24, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 5, 2016 by Stefanie Sanders

I've encountered a major problem and I'm really HOPING it's user error and has an easy solution.

I am importing content over from Blackboard 6/7/8/9 using individual zip files for various modules and other parts of the course. In other words, I'm trying to import and edit the modules one by one, so I can keep files organized as I go. I imported the first module and reorganized it, creating some new pages and deleting others. Then I imported the next lesson's module. When I looked at the Modules list, the individual pages from the new module were scattered randomly between the existing lesson and the new one--and some of the pages I had already created in the first module were just GONE. I looked for them in the Pages list and they weren't there, either: they just disappeared. It definitely isn't a repeat filename issue; they had different filenames.

Will I need to import all the content modules at one time for this to work? Or rebuild them from scratch? I'd hate to do it that way because there are lots of images that would need to be added back in...

In any case, I thought I would mention it in case it's a bug...it sure sounds like one.

Outcomes