AnsweredAssumed Answered

Broken Image links in Module every other time?

Question asked by Jennifer Vaughn on Jul 1, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2018 by wendy norris

Hi everyone-

I've searched around and tried several things but I am stumped on an issue that is happening in a current course. I have built the course by moving chunks of content over from our old CMS, Etudes. I've gone through and cleaned everything up, validated links, viewed it as a teacher and in Student view.

Everything looks good on my end, until...

I get a report from a student that all images in a module are appearing as broken image links. I log in and sure enough they are broken. I start to fix them (reuploading them and saving in module) and after doing the first two the rest show up.

I view it as a teacher and in student view and it looks like they are back. I notify the student, and a day later they say they can see the first two but not the rest. I log in, and sure enough its true. I open the module, leave it, go back, and they appear again. Of course I don't trust it so instead I delete them all and build it by hand (reuploading images and inserting into module)

Is this an issue from content migration? I use a ton of images and need to know if they are not actually coming over (even if they look like they are). Any help is appreciated. Screenshots below:

Logged in, broken image links:

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 6.47.27 AM.png

Second log in, they are just fine:

Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 6.51.37 AM.png

Outcomes