Edit: I have confirmed that this does not occur only for me. A co-worker went through the same troubleshooting I did with identical results. To ensure it isn't just something being caused by our network, I further attempted to access from my home desktop (through a RDC) with no change in the symptoms. Something about that thread is not recognizing us as being logged in.
The name kind of says it all. There is a single thread (Icons for items in Syllabus Table | Canvas Community ) that shows me as being logged out regardless of my browser/computer and how I access it.
What I've tried:
- Cleared cache and cookies, restarting browser
- Tried alternate browsers (IE11, Chrome 51, and Firefox 46)
- Accessing the thread directly (pasting the URL directly into the browser), then selecting the Login link at the top
- This redirects me for the community homepage after logging in
- Accessing the thread via a link in another thread
- Accessing the thread via the list of threads
All attempts resulted in my being logged in anywhere else, but that one thread would not recognize it, and this happened on two different computers. The most annoying thing is that I don't have to re-login when this happens. I can just go to another page is it recognizes I'm logged in. It's, so far, just this one thread causing trouble (a thread I'm trying to post to for spreading word of two ideas I've posted).
Am I doing something wrong?