AnsweredAssumed Answered

Fastest way to import new series of similar pages into Canvas

Question asked by Tim Darrow on Jul 18, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2016 by Tim Darrow

For the last few days I have been working on finishing the construction of a history course (Course A) for our online department to replace our old history course (Course B) we are currently implementing. The old course  has several pages (namely the lecture video pages) which I would like to reuse in this new course . However, Course A has already had Video Lecture pages already added into it with the same naming scheme as Course B. So, whenever I import the lecture pages from Course B to Course A, I must first delete the old pages from A so I don't create copies of pages.

However I remember being able to upload a new downloadable syllabus for my courses and Canvas asked me if I wanted to replace the current syllabus with the new one. If I replaced the old with the new, Canvas automatically re-linked the new syllabus to every location the old syllabus appeared on Campus - by the way, Canvas Support, phenomenal feature.

So here is my question: is it possible to import Canvas pages into another course and have them automatically placed and linked throughout the course, rather than my needing to manually delete every old page and reconnect every new page throughout the course?

Outcomes