AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to import quizzes from Moodle (2.7/2.x) into Canvas?

Question asked by Christine Serritella on Aug 3, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 1, 2017 by Steven Rowley

I am using Moodle 2.7 (2.x) and I need to import quiz questions into Canvas.  I have exported the Moodle file to three different versions (GIF, XML and XHTML) QTI is not available on my version of Moodle for export.  When I went to import the XML version, there were no questions (empty file). Te other two versions failed to upload. As I read through Canvas support, help discussions, etc... I saw that there had been some issues with Moodle 2.x.  Also, I downloaded Respondus 4.0 and tried to convert the Moodle file to QTI. Again...no questions in the file (I guess it is because I could not export it in the first place).

Here is the thing. I can import from Examview, but in each of my test banks (on Moodle), I have over 100 questions per test/quiz of which only a SMALL part came from Examview. I had to rewrite all my tests on Moodle when we switched to the Moodle LMS from a different Moodle platform (i don't know what it was, but it was still Moodle) because there were so many problems uploading Examview in to Moodle 2.7.  I have tried reversing the process...importing Moodle quiz into Examview then into Canvas...no soap.  After two days of experimenting, google searches, discussions reading and youtube videos, I have hit the wall. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go from here? I do not want to spend the rest of my summer rewriting my tests (again) into Examview. 

Thanks

Christy

cserritella@sandi.net

Outcomes