AnsweredAssumed Answered

What happened to the audio embed tool?

Question asked by Sarah Stevenson on Aug 7, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2017 by Quan Nguyen

I will preface my question by saying that I just got a new laptop with Windows 10, and I *think* I have installed all the needed add-ons (Flash, Java) but I may have missed something...

I'm working on a tabbed list of audio files for a humanities class. (Stefanie Sanders might remember this. ) It was working as expected until a few days ago. By "expected," I mean that I would insert the mp3 file in the appropriate location, and it would automatically be inserted as a Canvas audio file, with the usual audio-embed icon. Now, all of a sudden, when I try the same thing, it only inserts a download link to the file. To my knowledge, I have not exceeded the file size quota--but maybe there's a quota on the actual number of audio files?

Also, the Files tab on the content selector doesn't look quite the same. The vertical scroll bar inside the content selector is no longer there.

I was using the newest Firefox 48, but I had the same problem when I tried logging in on Edge. I tried rolling back to Firefox 47 but that didn't help either. I'm hoping I've just missed something in the transition to a new computer. Help please!! The only other option that seems to work for inserting the embedded audio is by inserting it as a media comment, but then I don't have the same control over the files themselves, which I organized all nice and neat into their own folder.

Thank you!

Outcomes