AnsweredAssumed Answered

Share a page across courses

Question asked by Michael Harris on Aug 18, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 19, 2016 by Michael Harris

I would like to have a page for my university department that contains policies (snow days, accomodations, etc.). This page would be maintained by one person and could be added to everyone's site as a link in each syllabus.

I don't think that commons will do what I want? I don't want to import a static document. My goal would be a link to whatever the current policy page is. This way the link would always point users to the current page, not an imported and out-of-date page.

It would be similar to the request for a  (Commons Permalinks (direct URL link to content) with the added requirement that the permalink could be embedded into an existing course and accessed by any user/student in that course.

I will add a comment on the request for a permalink, but I wondered if there was some other way to accomplish this that already exists? Some way to share a page to the public and embed a link to the page? Would it work to create a course, make it accessible to the public, create only one page for the course with the policy and then distribute a direct link to that page?

Any other ideas?

Outcomes