AnsweredAssumed Answered

Canvabadges: Not Auto Awarding

Question asked by Brandi Clark on Aug 25, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2016 by rogrant@nmsu.edu

Hello,

I wanted to use Canvabadges in my course.  Th the best of my knowledge I have everything setup correctly.  I've set the requirements for each assignment in the module.  On the Canvabadge I have the correct module checked off. I have students that have successfully completed the required task. They've turned in all the assignments themselves (I didn't put in grades for things we did together until they submitted the assignment so Canvas would acknowledge they submitted it.) The badges are not auto assigning.    The only way badge shows up for them is if I click the red X by their name to mark it as earned.  Is there something else I'm missing that I'm supposed to be doing?

Note:  I just checked in with one of the students and had them click on the badge.   After they clicked on the badge then it appeared in my list of badges that had been successfully completed, but not until the student had actually gone to look at the badge.

1. Is that the way it is supposed to work or is it possible to see who has officially earned each badge even if they haven't gone to see what it looks like?

Also,  is it possible for them to earn badges for modules that are hidden?   My district is using Marzano so I've been setting up the assignments as Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 assignments.   I wanted them to earn a badge for completing the level 2 assignments and a different badge for completing the level 3 assignments.  To make this work (or what I hoped/thought would work) was to create a second module that contained links to the level 1 & 2 assignments, so when they completed those they'd earn the level 2 badge, but I don't want that duplicate module actually visible to the students.

2.  Is there a way I can make it work the way I want it to or will it only work if both modules are visible?

Here is an image of what I setup.

CanvaBadges.JPG

Outcomes