It would be great to find out whether there is an enrollment log API call or functionality in the UI that would allow us to see the history of a user’s enrollments:
For example, Instructor Teacher McGee:
- Was enrolled in the LEC001 section by the SIS Import process on 8/11/16
- Enrolled himself in DISC302 8/26/16
- Enrolled himself in DISC301 8/26/16
- Unenrolled himself form LEC001 8/26/16
- Was re-renrolled in LEC001 manually by a Canvas admin on 8/27/16
There is a Course Audit Log in the REST API: https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/course_audit_log.html#CourseEvent
But this appears only to show when the course was created, activated, etc. I cannot find anything similar for enrollments.
The enrollment API call gives you data on the latest update to the enrollment, but not any history
I believe this data is being tracked, because our customer service rep has been able to tell us on a previous issue that the instructor un-enrolled himself. Is this data accessible anywhere?