Kenneth Rogers

"Integration" with Bb Collaborate Ultra Mobile

Discussion created by Kenneth Rogers Champion on Aug 26, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2016 by ajay.dh2013@gmail.com

Hello, all! I know this may not affect a lot of you, but I wanted to pass along this information anyways. With the release of Bb Collaborate Ultra, Bb has decided to no longer have a standalone Collaborate application, and instead is integrating their Collab features into their Bb Student application. Now, I totally do not agree with this mindset, but it is what it is.

The good news is that those of us who do use Collaborate, and are using Ultra, are still able to use the mobile version (it just has to be from the Bb Student application). Whether our users are launching directly from a provided link or from the link within Canvas app, the Bb Student app will open. However, this is where it has the potential to get a little tricky and very un-user-friendly. The screen that opens asks for the user to search for their school, and unless you were looking for it, you may not notice the "Join Collaborate..." text underneath the text field. From a user experience standpoint, I personally find this pretty terrible (one of the reasons I wish there were a stand alone application).

Below is a screenshot I whipped up on my phone for our users in the event there's any confusion on our end. I have to admit the first time I saw the text field I was confused!

Collab_Ultra_Mobile.jpg

Outcomes