AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot add students to sections in an active course

Question asked by bowmanr@uah.edu on Sep 6, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 by Anthony Bunag

I had a colleague ask about creating sections in their course so that they could make different assignments to groups of students in the same course.

To show them how it was done, I used one of my old courses.  I added a section, edited the section so that it was active in the current time frame and then went to the people tab and edited the sections feature for students.  In this scenario, I start typing the name of the section and it comes up as an option to add the student.  Everything worked exactly as intended.

Well my colleague comes back about an hour later and shows me what he is doing in his current (active) course.  He has done everything I did.  However, when he goes to find the section for a student, it does not show up.  Therefore, I set up a section in one of my active courses and I had the same issue.  Everything sets up fine, but the section does not come up when editing sections for a student.

All of this occurred on the same computer in the same browser(I initially had my colleague use my computer to rule out the Mac he was using), so that is not the issue.  Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ron

Outcomes