AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restrict Folder?

Question asked by Nancy Latimer on Sep 8, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 by Nancy Latimer

Hi Everyone,

I did some looking around, but I feel like I am missing something. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to restrict access to a file FOLDER in Canvas. The articles I read talked about this in relation to usage rights, but I am simply looking to have a folder of files that is accessible to only certain students in a class. Is there a way to do this, or can restrictions only be set on a file by file basis?

I also was trying to figure out where "usage rights" gets enabled for a course, as I don't see it as a feature option at the account or course level. But - it isn't directly relevant (at least, I don't think it is) to what I am trying to do here.

As an aside, one of the biggest things I have encountered in our K-12 District is teachers who want to restrict access to course materials to only a subset of students or a particular section of a course (for example, Period 3). In this particular case, we need to set aside a folder of files with notes for our special education students, which will not be accessible to the other students in the class.

Thank you!

Nancy

Outcomes