AnsweredAssumed Answered

Moderating Assignments - TA function

Question asked by murphy.1527@osu.edu on Sep 13, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 by Stefanie Sanders

Many of the professors I work with have teaching assistance. In Canvas, they are designated as "TAs." The instructors want the TAs to grade assignments, creating a draft or provisional grade. The instructors then want to be able to view the provisional grades, approve or edit and then post grades. I have been reading about Moderated Grading and this sounds like the perfect solution but when my instructors go to Select Students for Review, the TA is not listed.  I assume that's because they are TAs and not students but then how do those with the TA role in Canvas do a provisional review?

My understanding is that there can be two reviewers and one moderator and that a "A reviewer is any user role with permission to edit grades (commonly TAs). Reviewers see and grade a moderated assignment the same way they grade any other SpeedGrader assignment." and that a moderator is any user role with permission to moderate grades (commonly instructors) so I should be able to be able to have the TAs post a provisional grade but again, not sure how.

Outcomes